Quality leather shoes doesn’t come cheap due to its material and craftsmanship. Therefore it is of best interest to take care of your shoes to the best of your ability.
In this post I will teach you how to shine a pair of leather shoes the proper way.
- A soft cloth of any sort.
- Horsehair shoe brush
- Cream-based shoe polish or wax-based shoe polish.
Step by step guide
- Brush off any the dirt and debris using your brush or a damp cloth. Wait till the shoe dries before commencing to the next step.
- Sprinkle a bit of warm water over the polish. (You can use your spit)
- Cover a finger with the cloth, gently work the water into the polish.
- Apply a little bit of polish to the shoe. Be careful not to get it on the carpet, as it is hard to remove the stains.
- Rub the shoe in small circles. Remember to use only a bit of polish at a time.
- Use the brush to buff the leather to an excellent shine.
Go the extra mile
If the shoe is seriously scuffed, apply a dab of leather conditioner and polish to these areas so they don’t end up looking dull.
Comment below if you have any further enquires or tips in regards to this post.